Re: Groups.io site updates #changelog

Chris Jones

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 04:48 pm, Shal Farley wrote:
Hopefully this will help reduce the overall confusion. See also:
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Removed-for-spam
I am stuck at the moment because I am still waiting for a copy of the new message to members who find themselves cast into the outer darkness; until I get it I cannot add it to the work-in-progress wiki. (No; I haven't simply forgotten about it!) Mark may not have seen the post I put in beta that followed his original announcement of the change, and I am hopeful that the message I sent to "support" might prove fruitful. It was sent a couple of days ago and I know that for perfectly valid reasons the turnaround time there is a bit long.

From various other threads / posts on this and the betagroup forum "messages to prospective / actual members" and "interrnal processes" are something of a black hole to moderators, which is a pity. IMHO an awful lot of of the queries that arise could be prevented if the Help section had more information in it. I know that is easy to say, but that doesn't stop it being true.