Re: No introductory message with subscription applications?

Chris Jones

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 06:44 pm, J_Catlady wrote:
Good god, things are problematic enough with that message and the whole pending subscription process. I'm shielding my eyes ....
Quite so. I can't see why a properly written Pending Subscription message to which the applicant has to reply (no reply then no membership!) wouldn't be sufficient.

There is also another live thread about GDPR on this forum; while it is mainly of relevance to data protectionin Europe if a Europe - based Group were to collect all sorts of information about applicants in a complex authorisation process then that Group itself would have to be GDPR compliant. That said I can see that depending on a Group's raison d'etre there might be a need for something a little more than "I am interested in joining because..." but I can see no merit in introducing layers of complexity without an extremely good reason.