Re: Invitations to join

Bruce Bowman

>> I think what the person was talking about, was a way to promote their URL the old fashion way.

I've been webmastering for almost 30 years. Back then, search sites such as Google (and Yahoo) used to have "promote" links where you could submit the URL of your page to get your stuff into their engine. Today I think they all spider the web themselves and no longer accept that kind of thing...probably because of the proliferation of phishing sites over the past 5 years.

I think the best you can do is paste the html found on the Promote page here into your web site and hope the spiders eventually find it.