Re: Change/customize automatic calendar hashtag #calendar #hashtags

Marina

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:43 am, Duane wrote:

Marina,

You're very welcome.  Sometimes those of us that have been here for 2 or 3
years don't realize how much information there is to absorb.  We got to learn
it a bit at a time, slowly, as the features were introduced.
IO is a powerful platform but it is also very complex. Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in a sea of queries and instructions.
Speaking of learning slowly, I haven't been able to sort out this calendar thing, yet. I surely miss some essential information here. Or maybe this is not the appropriate ffeature for what I need.

When I was in my old YG group I used to send a reminder manually to the group to remind members of important deadlines concerning calls, applications, etc.

Now that I am on IO I'd like to use the calendar to have these reminders automatically sent to members. Something like "Remember that applications will no longer possible after day-month" or "Remember that subscriptions to workshop close on day-month".

I'd like to have just one reminder sent to the group. But all I get are two different messages: one with the actual reminder (hashtag #cal-reminder) and, on the deadline date, a second message with the same reminder (hashtag #cal-notice).

This happens even if I don't check the options Send Invite to Group and Sent Notice when Event happens.
Is there a way to have just one reminder sent to the group?

Marina