Re: Q: posts during the transfer/welcome message/size to save attachments?
1) I haven't seen any discussion of this, so perhaps it's not anSome of those messages will post before the copy reaches that point in the Y!Group's conversations; those will get copied. Those that post after won't.
Is there a way to add on the messages after, if some do get left out?Not automatically. I believe you'd have to post them to the Groups.io group manually.
2) As an aside, does the "welcome to groups.io" message go out to theNothing happens at the point where you click the "Go" button (or previously, sent the Go message). When the copy completes (which currently may be several days later) the system optionally sends two emails:
1) "You have been added to GroupEmailAddresss". This message is sent if you don't uncheck the "Send a message to your members when the transfer is complete" box on the transfer form.
2) The active Welcome notice from your group's Member Notices page. Before clicking Go I made a second Welcome notice, tailored specifically for the members who would be copied in, and made that one Active. Afterwards I made the normal Welcome notice active once more.
3) Attachments are not so important on our group although we'd like toThose sizes are for photos, not documents. So "readable" will depend on what the content of those photos is. That small is fine for a person's head shot, but probably wouldn't be adequate to show fine detail in a scene or a project.
Also what setting option in Default Sub Settings > Max attachment sizeYou know your membership best, but I'd use "Unlimited" because most of my members would likely be using desktop computers with a decent internet connection. If most of your members are likely to be using metered or limited connectivity you might want to set it small or even zero.
As well, will this impact just how the message is saved in theThe Max Attachment Size under Default Sub Settings is a default for individual members. It has no impact on the Messages archive or the group as a whole.
The Max Size in Email in the Photos section of the group's Settings page affects both how the photos are stored and how they are distributed out to the group in email.
More Help: https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki
Even More Help: Search button at the top of Messages list