locked Re: orphaned group

txercoupemuseum.org

When you refer to “…the guidelines…”, is this applicable only to the beta group or also to GMF?

Mark says ""Avoid posting negative replies such as “I wouldn’t use this” or “I don’t see how that’d be useful” or “That would cause a mess,” etc., which are not helpful to anyone.

When you say:  "I don't see any reason the existing mechanism doesn't or won't work.”, that’s not functionally different from the “I don’t see how that’d be useful” we are supposed to avoid.

WRB

—

On Nov 14, 2021, at 7:18 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:

On Sun, Nov 14, 2021 at 06:58 PM, Michael Pavan wrote:
I still do not understand why anyone who would be unaffected should object.
GMF is for discussion, so both sides are allowed (within reason.)  I don't see any reason the existing mechanism doesn't or won't work.

(snip)

My suggestion is for you (or anyone that feels the same) to make your suggestion on the beta group if you don't want any objections voiced.  Mark has asked, and incorporated into the guidelines, "Avoid posting negative replies such as “I wouldn’t use this” or “I don’t see how that’d be useful” or “That would cause a mess,” etc., which are not helpful to anyone.” (Snip)