Re: still don't have owner privileges

Lenny McHugh

When I tried to log in it insisted that I put the 2nd pw in. I am not sure if I was successful.

From: GroupManagersForum@groups.io <GroupManagersForum@groups.io> On Behalf Of Bruce Bowman
Sent: Monday, August 9, 2021 11:18 AM
To: GroupManagersForum@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GMF] still don't have owner privileges

On Mon, Aug 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM, Lenny McHugh wrote:

I know that my email address is correct. the problem started when  it wanted a password for 2 factor verification.

Lenny -- This is the first time you've mentioned two-factor authentication.

If you have 2FA turned on, "email me a link" will not work.

I entered the incorrect pw.

If you turn on 2FA, you MUST remember both your password and the provided recovery code.

Are you sure you deleted your account password? I didn't realize you could do that with 2FA turned on...if so, it sounds like a bug.

Even when my lists are presented, I am listed as owner. One of the lists I had the other owner downgrade me to member then back to owner and I still only have member access to that group.

Did you start using a different device to access groups.io? If so, 2FA will fail, and you won't be able to log in at all.

I am appending the information from the system help. It's otherwise hard to get to. Generally speaking I do not recommend using 2FA.

<snip>