Re: question about a hashtag feature #hashtags #messages

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jun 25, 2021 at 09:26 PM, Jonathan Sivier wrote:
I assumed that the initial message would be sent as a Special Notice, but that replies would just be normal, not Special.
That's how it works. I've done some testing and cannot replicate the issue you describe.  The initial special message will have a subject prefix of [Special] and if a regular member replies to that by email, it is removed and the message also goes out as a normal message.  If you moderate messages on your group while testing this you will see a 'Special' badge next to a pending message.The fact that a Special badge is shown before an outgoing email is created with the [Special] subject prefix shows that there must be an internal flag for this.

A reply from a member does not show the Special badge and so does not have that attribute.

(Note: I could not see a reference to this badge in the Owner's Manual so I've just flagged that in the docs subgroup)

Andy