Re: Formatting a wiki table #wiki

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jun 24, 2021 at 10:09 AM, Lynn McLaughlin wrote:
The second has darker grid lines, padded data, which is centered in the header row, and color on some of the rows. I'm not a css expert at all, so I'm hoping someone can more quickly tell me some things I can do to improve my table's look - or tell me to stop wasting my time, because this is definitely as good as it can get.
Frankly, Lynn, I'd say you're doing better than most of us getting it to look the way you want.

You can try adding some inline styles (see https://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp), but my experience says that most (if not all) of them will be stripped upon save. Failing that, you can try deprecated constructs such as border="1", bgcolor="yellow" and valign="top"...most browsers still recognize them as valid html and those that don't will ignore them.

Good luck,