Formatting a wiki table #wiki

Lynn McLaughlin

I'm new at this - helping to bring some pages from sites.google.com to groups.io, and I'm doing great except the tables look awful. I've read that they strip out a lot of in-line styles, and that is definitely biting me. By changing <table> to <table class="table-bordered">, which I found in the formatted css file someone kindly uploaded here, I was able to at least get grid lines, but that's all. This is how it looks in groups.io:

Here is how it looks in sites.google:

The second has darker grid lines, padded data, which is centered in the header row, and color on some of the rows. I'm not a css expert at all, so I'm hoping someone can more quickly tell me some things I can do to improve my table's look - or tell me to stop wasting my time, because this is definitely as good as it can get. Though I'm new to groups.io and css, I have decades of software development experience which leads me to gnaw and gnaw on a problem like this, without knowing when to give up. If I'm at the end of the capabilities, then so be it.

Thanks, Lynn