Re: Email rejection #smtp510

Malcolm,

I have a subscriber this morning reporting that he cannot reply to
sender.
... later ...

Your group evidently has its Reply To option set to "Group and Sender".

If the member is using his email system's Reply function that Reply-To field ought to cause his reply to be addressed to both, as shown.

AOL is ignoring the Reply-To header.
Possibly, though I'd expect a lot more messages about it.

Is it possible that the member, not wanting to reply to both, is attempting to copy the From field of the message and pasting that into the To field of their reply? Hence the 510 error when he sends to the invalid address.

Ideas:

1) Ask the member to use the normal Reply function, but then delete the group address from the To: field before sending.

2) Ask the member to use the _Reply To Sender_ link in the footer of the message.

3) Ask the member to use the normal Reply function, but then copy the email address from the _Reply To Sender_ link and paste that into the To field.

Help: https://groups.io/helpcenter