From: MAILER-DAEMON@...
To: aaaaaa@...
Sent: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 11:23
Subject: Failure Notice

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<bbbbbb@...>:
510: The group 'bbbbbb=btinternet.com' does not exist. You are subscribed to the following groups: KFHS-members@groups.io.

My observations on this:
  1. That email (which is what Groups.io sent out as the from address) should be forwarded to <bbbbbb@...>.
  2. '=' is a valid character in a group name, so how does groups.io decide whether to forward outwards or submit into a group?
  3. Maybe it's an AOL issue but I can't (yet?) see how.
Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen <malcolm.austen@...>