Re: Tracking invite mails

Glenn Glazer

Thanks, for responding, Shal.

On 01/29/2021 22:26, Shal Farley wrote:
Glenn,

This applies to both Invitations and Direct Add notices.

> So, I recently direct added two new members to our main group and
> added them to a subgroup. I crafted a message in the window to go
> along with the GMF boilerplate.
>
> Both say that they didn't receive the message, though they have been
> receiving group emails and can access the group.

Most likely the Direct Add messages were diverted by the members' email service to their Spam folder or elsewhere.

That seems plausible, I will have them check.

> Obviously, add emails don't show up in the message archive, is there
> any way to track or verify them?

The Direct Add messages are bounced tracked like other messages.

I think it is less likely, but you can check the Email Delivery History tab of their pages in the Members list to see if the Direct Add messages were rejected ("bounced") by their email service.

Shal

Ooh, I didn't know that page existed, TIL. Thanks, I checked that and there were no bounces.

Best,

Glenn

--
[Irrelevant sig line trimmed by Moderator]