Re: #settings #question Is there ANY way to overcome a settings error? #question #settings

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Jan 17, 2021 at 10:06 PM, Dan Tucker - FireTuck wrote:
I cannot set the Privacy Permissions now to allow the Member Profiles to be viewed. Who would have known.
Member profiles are accessed via the Directory. The Directory can be toggled on and off as needed. https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/customizing-settings-for-premium-and-enterprise-features/member-directory The privacy setting for the group message archive has no bearing on this.

However, please note that each member must create a profile -- and share it -- before they will be able to see the profiles of others.

I cannot toggle "Members" in the 'Member List Visibility' pulldown.
The Member List is an index of subscriptions, not profiles.

You can make the Member List visible too, but only if your group uses the Restricted method of Spam Control. This is to keep spammers from joining your group just to harvest the email addresses that are found there.

Hope this helps,