Re: Changed owner emails and subscriptions did not transfer over - Group has no owner as of now #owner #email

Pat Salinas

Hi Christos,

Unfortunately, it did not work.  I must have tried too many things out of order.  I have no owner in my group.

Totally get that I need 2 owners (one as a backup) and I should have known better :-).  Unless you have anything else, I am going to have to delete the entire group.  The manual says you can’t use the same group name for “some time.” Do you know how long that time is?

Thank you again.
Pat

On Jan 15, 2021, at 8:02 PM, Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

Pat,

Change you account back to the old address using the same process, then log back into GIO with that original account; that will restore your Owner access to your group.  Then add to the group your new address (DirectAdd or Invite & accept), and promote it to Owner.  Leave both group accounts in there for now.  Repeat the original -> new address change process as before, log in now with the new address, and you should have Owner access as well.

You can now either delete the original owner account from the group, or better yet, leave it as a backup account as it's best practice for an owner to always have some backup way of getting in, just in case (pun intended!); always have a second door, a second owner account address, be it another person or a second email address if there's one owner only.

Cheers,
Christos