Re: Do you put screenshots in instructions to your members? If so, how?

Glenn Glazer

On 01/15/2021 23:05, Shal Farley wrote:

Yup, that used to be my go-to, and I need to remember it more often when clipping in Firefox - I do so love its automatic snap to page elements. I just wish it had a simple editor designed for black-out/highlight, arrows, and text - my 99% use cases.

Shal

I have often used PowerPoint for this, paste the image, blackout with solid boxes, and many arrow types to choose from. Then I either save the slide as an image or ctrl-A and paste into Paint and save that.

Lately, I've been using Paint 3D that comes with Windows 10. It's arrow selection isn't quite as nice, but the cropping feature works well and there's no extra step to translate it to an image format.

Best,

Glenn
P.S. Here's an example of an image grabbed in snip & sketch and modified in Paint 3D: