Re: Authentication of Members #database #members #membershiprequest #customize #notifications

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:06 AM, <alee@...> wrote:
Here is the issue, some members are active, some are not, and seeing if there is an easy way to trim the non-active members each year by asking them to re-authenticate when they post, a script by which I can do this with an API, or if there is a function I am not aware of?
If you have a list of members recorded elsewhere (an Excel spreadsheet or whatever), you can use one of the member sync functions on a periodic basis. Instructions beginning at https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/managing-members/syncing-group-members-with-slack-teams?single=true

If you have a Premium/Enterprise group, syncing can be accomplished by uploading a file containing the member information, one entry per line. Basic groups can only sync with a Slack team (I do not have experience with Slack teams).

Hope this helps,