Membership questions #addmembers #question

Liz Zoob

Hello,

By searching and perusing messages here I am pretty sure the answer to my question is no, but here goes, in case I missed something. I  moderate a topical group and normally people write me asking to join, and usually they say w/o prompting why they want to. But some folks find their way to our groups.io page and request membership, and then I have no idea who they are or why they want to join. Is there a way to have groups.io automatically send them an email with a couple of questions asking about their interest, the way Facebook groups allow, or must I do this manually from my own email account?

Thanks.

Liz