What causes a "spam" ban?? #spam

Karen Ivy

I just got a notice that a colleague of mine (we are both officers of local Neighborhood Councils in Oakland) was banned from a group for sending "spam." The "spam" message was one that I personally posted to the list, she must have tried to resend it to the group.  My email was a perfectly standard notice that meeting minutes had been posted and had 2 TinyURL links to the web page and the document itself.  Why was this message banned?  Why wasn't I banned when I sent it?  If it's illegal to send emails with TinyURLs, where does it say that?  I've been doing this since we joined Groups.io with no problem that I knew.

I did look in the group owners manual and tried to follow the rules to unban her, but she was NOT listed in the "banned members" list, even though this just happened today.  Frankly, this is beginning to annoy me.  I use TinyURL for links to my web site because I've had experience with long URLs in emails being clipped by some email clients to the point they are unusable.
Karen Ivy