Re: Trying to create a freecycle group #groupname

Chris Jones

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020 at 01:52 AM, Duane wrote:
so reporting it as a #bug on the beta group may get an explanation
This from Mark on beta...

Groups.io has received letters from a law firm apparently representing the Freecycle trademark holder in the UK, stating that a particular group with freecycle in the name is infringing on their trademark. I have not yet asked that group to change their name, but I may have to. To head off any new issues, no more groups with freecycle in their name. Note, I have no idea if the demand is legally valid or not.

The above is part of #26539.