Re: Trying to create a freecycle group #groupname

Marilyn

When I tried a group name that was already taken, I got the error message "not available". But when I tried FreecycleLouisville, and other Freecyclexxxx or xxxxxfreecycle, I got the error message "not valid". That seems to me to be 2 different issues.

Marilyn

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 7:42 PM Donald Hellen <donhellen@...> wrote:
Frances . . .

On Tue, 13 Oct 2020 18:26:17 -0400, "Frances" <frances@...>
wrote:

>I wonder whether someone already tried to create a group with that name -  freecyclelouisville,  and then abandoned it. Whether the system thinks the name is “taken” when there isn’t actually a group.

Could it be that someone created the group, parked it, and didn't list it publicly?

Donald

https://groups.io/g/ICOM   https://groups.io/g/Ham-Antennas
https://groups.io/g/HamRadioHelp    https://groups.io/g/Baofeng
https://groups.io/g/CHIRP  https://rf-amplifiers.groups.io/g/main