Re: Trying to create a freecycle group #groupname

Marilyn

No, there were no spaces when I typed it. Those jumped in there somehow by autocorrect or whatever after I typed it.

I did some more experimenting, and if I put in a name that was already a group, it said "not available". But I was getting "not valid". If I put in exactly the same name but changed "f" to "ph" it created the group. For instance, in trying to name the group "freecyclelouisville", I get "not valid". But when I put in "phreecyclelouisville", it created the group. I put in the description "Freecycle group for Louisville KY" and that was ok.... So it looks like it won't let us use freecycle in the name.... But there are already lots of groups at io with freecycle as part of the name. I can't figure out why I  can't use it.

Marilyn

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 3:28 PM Christos G. Psarras <christos@...> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 02:33 PM, Marilyn wrote:
Freecycle xx xx with xx xx being our location.
No spaces are allowed in the group name (email address), only in the group title.

Cheers,
Christos