Re: Trying to create a freecycle group #groupname

Marilyn

Thanks but I'm sure the name follows the rules. And it seems odd that a freecycle group would choose to be private..... Seems like I would get an error message that says that name is taken, instead of not valid, if there was already a group with that name. The names I've been trying are.... Freecycle xx xx with xx xx being our location.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020, 2:26 PM Frances <frances@...> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 02:21 PM, Marilyn wrote:
I have 3 freecycle groups on Yahoo that I have been trying to create a new group at io. I get an error message that the name is not valid. I searched io and there is not a group already with that name, so why can't I create one? I've sent in a help request, but have not heard back yet.  Marilyn
The group name may be used by a group that has not chosen to appear in the publicly accessible list of groups.
Or the name you have chosen may not follow the rues:
  • The Group name must be 34 characters or less and cannot contain spaces, pluses, periods, or underscores. (length verified Mar 8, 2020)
 See Help also:
  1. Note:
  • The name cannot contain spaces, plus signs, slashes, periods, or underscores. (Hyphens are allowed.)
  • It is possible to change this name later but be aware that renaming an existing group has repercussions. (See Renaming groups.)
Did you look at the help in starting a group?
https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/creating-a-group

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.