Re: What's your experience with "Content flagged as objectionable"

Chris Jones

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 06:05 PM, debbie wrote:
so I approved it. About an hour later, I received a "content flagged as objectionable" message which included a threat to report one of those approved messages as a TOS violation. He claimed "misrepresentation". He complained that I let a certain message through (the one he objects to) but won't let other peaceful messages on the topic through.
Perhaps I'm a bit very cynical, but IMHO if someone joins and raises a complaint almost immediately then I suspect that a troublemaker is on the loose. Has he provided enough detail for you to be able to refute his assertion? If not then ask for more detailed reasoning.

"Misrepresentation" of what, exactly? It can be argued that if someone states something that is wrong then that may be a genuine mistake which someone else is at liberty to correct. Saying something in error is not really misrepresentation unless the error is wilful. At the same time the word misrepresent only appears once in the ToS, specifically in the phrase or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; has he backed up his accusation in any way whatsoever?

And on what basis does he claim that you have not let other peaceful messages on the topic through?

This may be an occasion where you need to blow the dust off the ban hammer...