Photos from nowhere? #photos

Karen Ivy

I was reviewing our groups' storage, and find that the Photos directory has a section labeled "Emailed photos."  A few are actual photos that someone attached, but most are just sort of blank GIFs, about 1K in size.  Looking at the associated messages, they're related to emails I sent after we moved our groups to Groups.io; but those emails didn't have photos or anything else attached.  They contain URLs to PDFs which I posted on our organization's web site.  And yet I have these photos that look like someone's smartphone photo of their pocket.  Can I delete them without affecting the messages?  We don't use that much space but this is pure waste.

Karen Ivy