Re: Can the Photo section be have a sub directory with a its own group of photo albums?

Chris Jones

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 08:55 PM, Tony Moody wrote:
Some time ago I tried to do this and could not work out how to make links from File or Database to, say, attachments in the Photos section.
Ah; I'm not sure that providing links to attached photos is such a good idea; don't forget that attachments are at risk of automatic deletion when the storage space is full and new attachments start deleting old ones. In addition, attachments are often (always?) relevant only to the to post which they were attached and may not make any sense when separated from the post. The photos are not always sensibly named, so might be difficult to put into an index of any sort. I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it might not be useful.

An index works well with a "permanent" archive of pictures; can you describe your use case in a bit more detail?