Re: Duplicate Attachments

Duane

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 05:26 PM, Barry wrote:
We are seeing duplicate attachments created here and there in our forum.
This is a long standing request that hasn't been addressed yet.  I suspect mainly because it's so difficult to be sure that the only attachments that are deleted are those that should be.  The current, and preferred, way to handle it is to teach members to remove an existing attachment when replying and/or adding another.

You can also set maximum sizes for images and/or resize them when they get uploaded, https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/viewing-and-managing-your-group-s-storage/managing-your-group-s-storage-space  This can be extremely useful for a group where the members don't reduce the file size before sending.  Some assume that everyone has unlimited bandwidth and/or storage, so don't pay any attention, even though most email programs/clients have the capability of "resizing for email" to reduce the problems.

If you search the messages here on GMF and on the beta group, you can read the discussions (and add your support on beta so that Mark will see it.)  There is information on how to delete the extraneous copies in the Owners Manual.  Start at https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/viewing-and-managing-your-group-s-storage/deleting-message-attachments-manually