Re: Scam emails

Glenn Glazer

On 9/8/2020 18:22, Mick Anderson wrote:
I am a IO Group owner. I have started receiving scam emails which are disguised as coming from members. I have two Moderators that also received them. The emails do not appear on the message board or in the activity log.
The Moderators were changed to not receive emails of owner notifications and they no longer receive the scams.
Any ideas how the scammer is getting in?

Mick
Without seeing the full headers, which I encourage you to send along, I would guess that they are going to an admin email.  Does the To: field look something like "main+<role>@<yourgroupname>.groups.io" ?

E.g., in the case of one of my groups, an email to the owner looks like: main+owner@cruzdcc.groups.io .

Best,

Glenn