Files upload option still there after turning it off #bug

Chuck Palmer

I have the Files feature set so that members can View but only moderators can upload.  However, if I login as a "regular" member, the +New dropdown button is still there and lets me walk thru the steps of either creating a new folder or uploading a new file.  After browsing for the new file and selecting it, it doesn't upload anything and just returns me to the main welcome screen of our group -- leaving me, as a regular member, very confused.

Shouldn't this +New button not even be there as an option?