Re: member unsubscribed for 'marking a message as spam'?

Chris Jones

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 03:13 PM, Ilana DeBare wrote:
it sounds like I should do two things for spam prevention:

1. In my welcome message, ask everyone to add the groups.io email to their list of contacts.
For the avoidance of doubt... the "list of contacts" has to be in the mail provider's contact list, not that in an email client.

FWIW my ISP "improved" its email interface with the result that it no longer offered the ability to turn spam filtering off which was a quick and easy way of stopping things being shunted off to a place I could not see unless I went out of my way to find it. As a result I had to load a batch of Groups.io addresses into my service provider's contact list. Theoretically the provider's filtering should have been responsive to my marking messages as Not Spam but it didn't take long for me to realise that it simply ignored this so the only solution was to add a list of Groups.io addresses.

As others have said Groups.io is not the bad guy in all this.