Re: Bug in Welcoming Message to new members

Jina Hon

Thank you Andy and Shal, you are really helpful and prompt!

Yes,I meant the default Welcome message.
This gives me hope - "The Member Notice of type Welcome, configured in the
Member Notice tab of the group's Settings page, is completely editable."
I will check it out and see how to do it.  I will call for help if I have difficulty.
Appreciate you all!

Peace,
Jina

On Thu, 9 Jul 2020 at 08:56, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
Andy,

 > That's part of the boilerplate welcome message from Groups.io and
 > while you can customise it by adding to it, you cannot delete any
 > section.

Well, maybe.

If Jina meant an Invitation, or the notice sent when a group Direct
Adds someone, then you are correct.

On the other hand, if Jina meant the default Welcome sent when someone
joins by any means (including +subscribe and the Home page button) then
Duane is correct. The Member Notice of type Welcome, configured in the
Member Notice tab of the group's Settings page, is completely editable.

A group can even choose not to send one at all, by ensuring that there
are no Member Notices of type Welcome that are marked "Active". Or, a
group can send more than one by creating more than one and marking each
as Active.

Also, the Member Notice of type Group Guidelines also has a "Send on
join" checkbox. So it too can be sent to each new member.

Help: https://groups.io/helpcenter