Re: #settings [related to failure posting by email] #settings

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 03:06 AM, Cathy wrote:
500 Invalid request, no reverse DNS for 211.29.132.80 (in reply to
    RCPT TO command)
The IP address 211.29.132.80 does not resolve to a named domain upon reverse lookup. This can interfere with spam checking algorithms and such, and for that reason many mail servers will refuse to deliver mail to such addresses.

Often, this is because a change hasn't yet propagated through the internet and it will resolve itself soon. That said, I entered this address in to the reverse lookup at https://mxtoolbox.com/ReverseLookup.aspx this morning and it failed to find a record, too.

Our ability to provide further help is limited by the fact that you haven't yet told us where you saw this error or what you were trying to do.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center and groups.io Owners Manual