Re: How do Message Selection settings operate under various Email Delivery settings? #messages #settings

Frances

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 11:23 AM, Peter Cook wrote:
For example, if I am set to digest, summary, or special notices do the Email Delivery settings have a different effect than if I'm set to individual emails? I want to be able to explain this to my members in a very clear way. If there are other threads that already explain this, perhaps you can point me to them.
Here's from the members' manual. Available from Help on the system footer of Groups.io

Here's the main page of that manual:

More complicated, but important, is the page on footers. If I wanted digest, I would definitely take "full featured".
https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual/1/additional-information/understanding-message-footers

Otherwise, I think that Advanced Preferences super. That's the default subscription for my family group. The participant gets the first email in any thread and then can follow the discussion by clicking on Follow. (Avoids getting too many thank you's etc.)

Not one simple page! Sorry.

I suggest you figure out what the best solution is for your group and set that as default subscription for your group.
Let them know they can adjust it.

GMF wiki for help. Search box at the top of each page.

Check out the new groups.io Help Center  Use your browser to search or download the PDF.