Re: Orphaned Group Ownership and Deletion #groupowner #groupdeletion

Duane

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 08:29 PM, Barry_M wrote:
For some reason, it doesn't now show me as an owner so no Admin option at left.
My guess is that you probably used another email address (account) when you created the group.  If it doesn't show up on https://groups.io/groups, that's most likely what happened.

If it were me, I'd probably remove everyone and lock down the group as much as I could so that it can sit idle.  Basic groups created before January 15, 2020 can create subgroups, but new ones can't.  You could also use it to do any testing needed.

If you really want to delete it, see https://groups.io/helpcenter/ownersmanual/1/deleting-a-group?single=true  If you might ever want to use that name again, rename it to something gibberish before deleting.  Otherwiser the name won't be available without contacting support.