Orphaned Group Ownership and Deletion #groupowner #groupdeletion

Barry_M

I'm sure the answer to the second of these two related questions must be somewhere in the Wiki but couldn't find it.

I have an orphaned (unused) group I created when first joining GIO a year ago to run some test. I now want to delete that group. It has no messages and only 5 email address subscribers.

For some reason, it doesn't now show me as an owner so no Admin option at left. But, I have to be the owner since 1) I created it a year ago and 2) I've never renounced or changed that status myself.  And, perhaps related to that, how do I delete the group?

Thank you!
Barry