Group emails taking hours or days to arrive #email #delayed

Alan Winson

We were part of the great migration from Yahoo groups a few months ago.  One of the members of a group I own sent me this today: "I sent this out yesterday (4/20) to the group, but haven’t received it back as a member of the group. Did you get it? We have been extremely slow to receive most group emails, for some reason, sometimes taking days."  I got her group email promptly yesterday, by the way.  Her email domain is earthlink.net.

I read something on one of the groups.io groups recently that said you are aware of similar problems and think it might have to do with some email processors metering the amount of email from other processors.  Could this be related to that?  I've received numerous reports from different members of our group about emails taking hours or longer to arrive.