Re: Direct add flipping first and last names #addmembers #displayname

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 08:56 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
What's puzzling is that I remove them, and put them in correctly, but they still came out backwards. It really does seem like it still remembered them from the first time, sort of.
Hi Roland,

when you remove a member they will appear in the Past Members list. Adding them back in with the same email address does indeed cause the display name to be picked up from the past member entry.  I can see a system use for this if someone leaves and then rejoins but if you Direct Add them I think it should use the display name you specify at the time. It has caught me out a couple of times and I've been meaning to raise the issue; I'll do so now on beta.

Andy