Re: Reschedule, edit, or cancel complicated and conflicting . #calendar

Duane

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 10:48 PM, Karen Swanson wrote:
For GIO calendar, I would request that either (1) a canceled event cannot be rescheduled and must be recreated or (2) a canceled event can be rescheduled with smooth correction of the event details.
I don't believe it's normal to cancel an event, then modify it to be rescheduled.  Usually it's one or the other.  What I would do is cancel the event, then schedule a new event using the same information.  They would be totally separate, so no confusion.  If you want to make your suggestion known, it will need to be on the beta group where site management will see it.  My preference would be for canceled events to be 'locked' so that no modifications can be made since it would reinforce the typical usage.