Re: Comparison to FB & BAND groups

Marv Waschke

A fundamental advantage of groups.io is Mark Fletcher's straight forward business plan. He makes his living from premium subscriptions, not selling advertising or data. For me, a service with a transparent business plan that does not monetize itself through background activities buried in its Terms of Service is a breath of fresh air.
I observe that gio seems especially well suited to discussion and information sharing among members with a modicum of mutual trust. Gio is not a good platform for groups who want or need to be anonymous to other members.
Marv