Re: duplicate maillist

Duane

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 05:43 PM, Patricia Kennedy Max wrote:
How do deal with someone creating a mail list that is a duplicate of one that I created?
There's nothing in the Terms of Service to prevent someone from creating a group that serves the same purpose as yours.  They can't use the same name, but a variation of it is always available.  People that join the groups will determine which they prefer.  I've seen this happen several times over the years, both here and on YG.  Quite often, the copycat group doesn't go anywhere after being started by someone that wasn't happy with how the original group worked.  Sometimes they both flourish because of the different styles.