Re: Why choose plain text over HTML email?

Glenn Glazer

On 2/16/2020 12:15, Shal Farley wrote:
But at least pictures are generally recognized as worth a thousand words (grin, I couldn't resist that).

LOL, an ASCII character is eight bytes and in the transcribing industry, a word is generally five characters, so the break even point is at 39.0625Mb. ;)

I think the bottom line is that, like many things, plain versus HTML has become largely a matter of personal preference, on both the sending and receiving ends. One size doesn't fit all, and fortunately Groups.io doesn't force one or the other on any group.

Amen.

Best,

Glenn