Direct adding members: What happens if email is already in group?

Pam Holland <pam@...>

I have a list of people that I am moving from a yahoo group to our new subgroup on Groups.io. Some of the emails are already in the Groups.io main. Others are not. Plan is to let members know via Yahoo that we are moving the group over to a Groups.io subgroup.

I would like to direct add the whole group, notwithstanding that some are already in the group (to avoid the time to go through the list one by one).

Question is: what happens if I try to direct add an email that is already in the group? Will it reject (my hope) or will the recipient get the direct add email (which would create confusion)?

Thanks!

Pam