Re: Group with new name but still old group's address #changing #groupname

Bruce Bowman

On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 11:43 AM, Marina wrote:
I recently renamed my test group (and subject tag, accordingly), but I couldn't change the group's address to reflect the new name/title. The system does not accept the change, although my group name does not contain spaces, pluses, periods, or underscores.
If the name is otherwise legitimate, the most likely scenario is that name was already taken. Many groups do not appear in the group directory, so you can't go by that.

Also, the group name is limited to 32 characters (ref: https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/16085).

So now I have a group with a new name and the old group's address.
The email address IS the name...although you may have to change some of the other stuff you've updated back the way they were.