Re: two groups, one email

Glenn Glazer

On 2/14/2020 07:44, Duane wrote:
On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 09:28 AM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
I question the assertion of no need.
Again, that's a gmail thing.  THEY assume that you don't need more than one copy.  A message sent to multiple groups will have the same Message-ID, so they only store/show the first to arrive back.

Duane

Oh, I agree, Duane. That's why I called it a bug in gmail not a bug in groups.io. What I questioned is Shal's assertion in the part you snipped out:

Yup, that's a Gmail thing: You don't need more than one copy of the "same" message.

I think that's wrong and I think gmail's duplicate pruning is way too aggressive.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est