Re: Group settings #settings

Frances

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 02:31 PM, AbdulHaqq McMurtry wrote:

It seems like my problem is that the moderator permissions were not property set  But though I found a way to create a moderator; I can find no instructions about how to set moderator permissions.

·         Robert Allison March 20, 2017 17:57

Responding to Julia's question: after opening the record of the person to be made a moderator, click on the window "Role". It offers three options: Owner, Moderator, and Member. Select moderator. Click "save" at the bottom of the screen after making your selection. Each person can have only one role; the owner has all permissions, the moderator more limited permissions.

Now my question: One of our moderators says he cannot see the Direct
Add button under the Admin button when expanded. All he says he can
see are the following four: Pending / Members / Subgroups /
Activity
All his MODERATOR PERMISSIONS ARE checked EXCEPT these five:
Manage Subgroups
Add or Modify Integrations
Modify Group Settings
Billing
Set Moderator Privileges
Now my question:  One of our moderators says he cannot see the Direct

Add button under the Admin button when expanded. All he says he can

see are the following four:  Pending  /  Members  /  Subgroups  /

Activity

Please direct your owner to this wiki page. No need to be a member of GMF (or indeed, not necessary to have an account with Groups.io):

https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Promotion%2C-Status-or-Permissions-Change-to-Moderator-or-Owner

If you want to or need to handle subgroups, you need that approval. The owner may not want to give you this permission, especially if you are not a member of the subgroups.

There is a list of privileges.
You need #1-13 if you are expected to help members.
Also you need to tweak your email in subscriptions so you get appropriate emails.
Email when there are messages needing approval. - need
Email when there are members needing approval. - need
Email when a member joins/leaves this group.
Email when group storage limits are reached.
Email when someone creates or deletes a subgroup.
Email when someone reports a message. - need

Your other question -

Now my question:  One of our moderators says he cannot see the Direct Add button under the Admin button when expanded. All he says he can see are the following four:  Pending  /  Members  /  Subgroups  / Activity

Direct Add is part of premium for a main group OR is part of a Subgroup even if not premium. But if the person doesn't have permission to deal with subgroups, they won't. Just like they won't see Integrations.

The main thing - have your owner look at the wiki page!

Moving to Groups.io (without easy transfer)

GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers