Re: yG Privacy Dashboard download #yahooprivacydashboard #ioimportpl

isis feral

I played around with it some more, and it's becoming clear now that the Yahoo data is NOT COMPLETE. I looked up some of the attachments in the archives, and at first thought that the missing attachments in the MBOX files were also missing from the archives, but I found some attachments in the archives that were just as inaccessible in Thunderbird as the ones not in the archives.

But worse, once I could see the total number of messages displayed, I noticed that there are only about 4,000 of 11,000 messages in one of my groups, and it looks like it's similar with the other groups. Then I noticed that entire stretches of time were missing from the files. I have files up to December 2017, but the next batch doesn't start until August 2019. There are also all sorts of bizarre posts with weird dates, just showing up at the beginning of some of the folders, so I have posts that look like they're from 1998 or 1969, when there was no such group, just inserted with current posts. Some of those weird posts are blank, others are legitimate posts, some seem to be partial posts, and they have no subject line, and have weird sender names.

Another demonstration of Yahoo's reliability....or lack thereof. Once I got everything of mine off that system that I still can, I'm going to be happy to walk away, and I'll never look back.

Isis