Ownership HELP! #groupowner

Leland Hill, GAA

Today the OWNER of one of the Groups I belong to was responding to a Spam post. Instead of deleting the member that posted it he deleted himself. I am a co-moderator of the Group but do not have full privileges. I sent him an notice from the group so he could rejoin, which he did. But I cannot tell if he was re-instated as the Owner and apparently I don't have the ability to check or change his status. Unfortunately, he's (the owner) not real tech savvy so I'm not sure he knows how to check his own status. Does anyone know how we can rectify this situation?

Thanks, Lee