Re: How to insert email address into the Welcome notice #question #welcomeemail

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Nov 19, 2019 at 03:39 PM, Joan Leib wrote:
I was looking at sample Welcome notices and found this on the wiki for this group - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Added-Message-for-YG-transfer
The sample text says "You have been subscribed to the new group using your email address user@..." and I can't figure out how they inserted the email address.
Groups.io parses your list of subscribers and inserts this [Email Address] field itself when a notification is sent to each person who is transferred.

I would like to be able to have my customized Welcome message give the email address it's being sent to; what code can I use for this? Is this actually possible?
No. Although [Name] and [Email Address] fields are similarly inserted into notices of type Invite and Direct Add, none of this can be customized.