How to insert email address into the Welcome notice #question #welcomeemail

Joan Leib

Hi, newbie here and sorry if this is a dumb question. I've searched in the archives on this group and the Help pages, and haven't been able to figure this out.

I was looking at sample Welcome notices and found this on the wiki for this group - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/wiki/Added-Message-for-YG-transfer
The sample text says "You have been subscribed to the new group using your email address user@..." and I can't figure out how they inserted the email address. I would like to be able to have my customized Welcome message give the email address it's being sent to; what code can I use for this? Is this actually possible?

Thanks in advance!
-Joan