Re: Owner died - how can I transfer yahoo-group without being able to add a new moderator? #transfer #owner

Amos

It is also possible to download the group contents using a couple of perl scripts that are available. One of them downloads all the messages and members in JSON format, which is the format that your browser sends data when you do something like fill in a form on a web site.  A moderator of the group would have to know how to run perl scripts on a computer, which is not entirely trivial.

If the groups.io staff accepted a JSON dump of all the messages and members, then they could be transferred in.

The PG Offline software, when I tried to export data to the SQL formats, resulted in a mess that I couldn’t import into anything. CSV is also useless, as commas are found in content.